Water & Wastewater
On Thursday, May 23, 2019 at approximately 7:00 PM the Champlain Water District will replace the town's meter vault and associated piping located on the Colchester and Milton town line. This will result in the suspension of water service to nearly 130 customers in Milton for approximately 8 hours. Below is a notice from Champlain Water District and a map detailing the area affected by the shutdown. As of May 15th the Town has mailed notice to customers it believes may be affected by this shutdown but cannot guarantee all affected properties were included in this mailing. Please check the map to determine if your property/household will be included in the shutoff. Questions about water service should be directed to the Champlain Water District at 802-864-7454 or www.champlainwater.org.
The Water Division operates and maintains a Water System consisting of about 30 miles of water mains, 300 valves, 210 fire hydrants, pumping stations, and reservoirs. The system serves approximately 1,600 connections, or about 6,400 people. A continuous supply of the highest quality water available is purchased from the Champlain Water District (CWD). Consumer Confidence Reports are published each year, and are available at the Milton Town Offices or from Champlain Water District.
The Wastewater Division operates and maintains about 12 miles of collection mains, pump stations and the Wastewater Treatment Facility. The system serves approximately 600 connections, or about 2,400 people.
We operate and maintain the water meter system, including reading, repair, and billing services. We strive to repair malfunctioning meters as soon as possible. Customers are urged to schedule repair appointments as soon as they receive notification of a problem. Water and Wastewater bills are issued quarterly, in January, April, July and October.
We can be dispatched after hours by calling the Milton Police Dispatch at 802-893-2424. Please do not call 911 for water and wastewater emergencies. We look forward to continue to provide our ratepayers the best service possible. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please feel free to contact us at 802-893-6655 Option 3.
Documents & Forms
- Allocation Application November 19, 2008 (PDF)
- Champlain Water District (PDF)
- Champlain Water District Water Quality Report 2018 (PDF)
- Fee Schedule A - Effective September 23, 2017 (PDF)
- Public Protection Summary Report (PDF)
- Resolution - Wastewater Ordinance - Effective November 29, 2008 (PDF)
- Resolution Water Ordinance - Effective November 29, 2008 (PDF)
- Second Meter Application Form (PDF)
- Sewer Service Area Ordinance Map - Effective November 29, 2008 (PDF)
- Water Service Area Ordinance Map- Effective November 29, 2008 (PDF)
- Water Shut Off Turn On Request (PDF)
- Water Wastewater Connection Fees - Schedule B-1 (PDF)
- Water Wastewater Connection Fees - Schedule B-2 (PDF)
- Water Wastewater Connection Fees - Schedule B-3 (PDF)
- Water Wastewater Connection Permit 2012 (PDF)
- What Not to Flush (PDF)